Join Our Team
DESIGN HOUSE GREETINGS is Hiring!
Position Title: Senior Art Director
We are looking for an utterly awesome, full-time Senior Greeting Card Designer for our in-house creative team!
We are a small greeting card firm located in the northern suburbs of Minneapolis/St Paul, Minnesota. We pride ourselves on the publication of 100’s of high-quality, smart, fun and innovative greeting card designs a year. We’ve been in business for 10 years, and are still growing.
We are looking for someone who is interested in working toward becoming a key member of our leadership team. You should be a self-starter who has a creative flair, is detail oriented, and conscientious. You must be comfortable wearing multiple hats - you will be expected to create your own work for every step of the process - product concept, layout, design and production, as well as help manage and traffic the design and production process of the team.
Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal are essential. We are looking for someone with a positive and nurturing attitude that is able to partner and build productive relationships with team members inside and outside the organization. You will be working with agencies and artists on concept development, art direction and licensing negotiations, experience in licensing is a must.
Your portfolio should demonstrate a breadth of design styles, understanding and creative use of typography and significant experience in the print sector.
If you’re just looking for a J-O-B or the next good “opportunity” to move up the career ladder, this is not for you. But, if you are a highly imaginative and creative person looking for a place where you can make your mark and be a key player of a very special company - this may be the job for you.
Design Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Ability to create original and inspiring greeting card designs from concept, design through print production.
• 5+ years of design experience, BFA/BA in graphic design is preferred
• A team player who wants to work in a small collaborative environment.
• Comfortable communicating with vendors, artists and licensing agents and printers.
• Superior organizational skills - project management and deadlines are part of our world.
• Expert knowledge of the Mac and Adobe CC, in particular, Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop
• Proficient with color correction; image manipulation; and font management
• Knowledge and skills in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point)
• A thorough understanding of 4-color print production: file requirements, optimization of images, paper selection and press check experience.
• Experience working with, negotiating with and managing licensing agencies and artists relationships
• Strong understanding of ongoing trends in fashion, retail and design industries
• Open to design critiques as well a providing feedback to other designers
• Copy-writing experience would be of help.
• Experience in the Greeting card industry would be a plus!
• Ability to thrive in an environment with changing priorities and deadlines
• Open minded, inclusive and respectful of all walks of life
• Has an extremely high level of personal responsibility
• Approaches life with optimism and assumes the very best in people
• Has a great sense of humor and is not easily offended
• Likes dogs, birthdays and greeting cards!
Compensation & Benefits
Salary Dependent on experience
• Heath insurance
• 401K and profit sharing
• Paid time off: personal, sick and holidays and your Birthday
• Relaxed, casual working environment and somewhat flexible working hours
Qualified, Interested Candidates:
We are looking to hire in the new year, please send your resume, cover letter, desired salary, and portfolio link/PDF to email@example.com, to be considered. Please note, all four must be sent. We will reach out for the next steps if we feel you are a good fit, please no phone calls.