Join Our Team
DESIGN HOUSE GREETINGS is Hiring!
Position Title: Shipping & Order Fulfillment Lead
We are excited to announce that our small but mighty team is looking for a full time shipping and order fulfillment captain who is ready and willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes for our thriving small business. This is a bustling, creative environment and everyone is expected to go above and beyond, no matter the task. This position will shift into office support during slower shipping times. At Design House Greetings, everyone’s job description is diverse and ever changing, but we work together as a tight knit team to reach big goals. This is not a typical job environment. We are looking for someone who is dynamic, committed, eager and ready to help us refine our shipping operations.
Qualifications & skills:
• Highly organized with excellent time management skills
• Great attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence
• Ability to thrive in an environment with changing priorities and deadlines
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Solid interpersonal strengths; team oriented and outgoing with proven ability to organize and motivate others
• Computer savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and inventory management systems a plus!
• Self starting; inherently motivated and driven to continually improve
• Must be able to work in a warehouse environment in Maplewood, MN
• Healthy and energetic with stamina for a physical job environment
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
• Open minded, inclusive and respectful of all walks of life
• Must have a current driver’s license and clean driving record
Our ideal candidate:
• Never leaves a job unfinished and has exceptional follow through
• Is cool headed, grounded and reasonable
• Is not overwhelmed by problems, but instead looks for solutions
• Is proactive and anticipates future needs
• Asks for help when they need it
• Has an extremely high level of personal responsibility
• Approaches life with optimism and assumes the very best in people
• Has a great sense of humor and is not easily offended
• Likes dogs, birthdays and greeting cards!
Tasks and responsibilities may include
• Packing and shipping orders on a daily basis
• Handling a large volume of incoming and outgoing product
• Managing inventory
• Collaborating with team to optimize warehouse organization and shipping processes
• Ordering product and shipping related supplies
• Receiving and processing supplies
• Office support during slow shop times
• Other duties as assigned
Compensation & Benefits
Hours 9-4 M-F
During Trial period: Two-month trial period pay will be at $17 per hour with assessment at the end of that time to ascertain whether applicant is ready to assume a full-time position.
Full-time employment will include an hourly wage of $20 per hour.
Medical - DHG provides an HSA Medical Insurance Policy for full time employees, after one month of full time service.
401K Retirement plan
PTO and The following Paid Holidays
New Year’s Day
4th of July
Friday after Thanksgiving
New Year’s Eve
Confidentiality Agreement required
• A PDF resume, no more than two pages.
• A PDF cover letter, no more than one page, introducing yourself and outlining why you’d be a great addition to our team.
• Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is November 13th. We will be contacting all applicants with our final decision by December 15th. We would love your help in spreading the word, so please feel free to share this with anyone you think might be a great fit. We are so excited to grow our team!